Monday, March 30, 2009

Ugadi and dinner at Alem's

Ugadi is the Telegu New Year, which fell on Friday this year. A park called Shilparamom held an evening of performances and was packed with artisans and food vendors for the celebrations.
One of the catering restaurants at the event

dancers telling a story--with live musicians and singers (narrating?)

And the other night, I was invited to my friend Alem's apartment for a traditional Naga food dinner party, where I managed to eat the hottest chilli in the world! The food included Pork with bamboo, garlic and red chillis, a green salad, a tomato and chilli chutney, and rice with a potato and onion-type gravy. Delish.

That's Alem on the left, me, Achi, Kimi and Asang. (Moa's taking the picture) Achi and Asang are in my Econ class, and I met Alem when we worked on a song for church together.

Achi in Alem's kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment