Monday, March 30, 2009

Taj Deccan!

The friends I've made here are golden, or just really love fine dining. The group took me out and we gorged ourselves silly at Taj Deccan yesterday, one of the classiest places in Hyderabad. We were celebrating my recent acceptance into LSE (write if you're interested, and I'll tell you the details) with a Sunday brunch including everything you can possibly imagine...literally, everything. We were served platters of lobster, prawns, shrimp, a variety of saltwater fish, middle eastern meats, grilled meats, parathas, made to order sushi--with all the platters in the middle of the table, there was barely enough room for the food from the massive buffet and all of our drinks from the open bar. The buffet...eurostyle breads, cheeses and salads, spreads, caviers, fruits, yogurts, a wide array of curries and meats...and then the individual stations...a kebab bar, a samosa bar, a waffle bar, a dosa bar, a pasta bar, the grilled meats and seafood bar, and then of course, the dessert bar. Shall I continue? I could easily describe each dish in detail... :) The picture above is Banks with one of our sushi platters.
9 of the 40-something gourmet desserts in the dessert corner. Andi and I tried every one, I think. If you know me, I hope you're not surprised.

Banks and one of his octopi (is that the plural for octopus?) They were actually quite delicious

Jens and Hakon starting on their first plates...

And Hyderabad had its first rain last week--Hakon and I were on our way to Yoga and were reeeeally excited, if you couldn't tell. I never knew clouds could make me so happy!




3 comments:

  1. I think rain would make us happy here, as well. Anything but MORE snow--enjoy the sunlight dear. You look marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, I adore everything about your blog. The pictures are really incredible. I'm dying to hear about LSE! Hopefully we can catch up this summer.. if you're home!

    -molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to eat something delicious emmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete